(Excerpted from Employees Provident Fund Website)
This withdrawal allows you to utilize your savings from Account 2 to partially finance your purchase of a house individually OR jointly with your spouse or close family members namely parents or siblings. Buying of a house with another individual who has no kinship is allowed provided that the other individual is a buyer and borrower. This withdrawal allows you to buy a house from a developer or an individual or through a public auction.
FAQ Withdrawal to Purchase a House
- What are the requirements for Withdrawal To Purchase A House?
Members must be:
- What is the amount entitlement under Withdrawal To Purchase A House?
Members can withdraw their savings according to the following, whichever is lower;
- How is the payment made?
The payment for withdrawal will be credited directly to the bank account with the following conditions:
- Members own a bank account with the EPF elected panel banks.
- Members’ bank accounts are still active, and
- Members’ bank accounts types are individual savings/current accounts OR Individual Joint Account for withdrawal amount of more than RM100,000.00
- How do I submit the applications?
Applications can be submitted at any EPF Offices nearby, either at the counters or by post.
For more information, visit the Employees Provident Fund webpage for EPF Withdrawal to Purchase a House
Back to top